Foreign Language Communications Analyst
The Service is always looking for talented and skilled individuals to join our team. Diversity is not only part of the Service’s culture it is a core business strategy. We are building a workforce which is representative of the Canadian society and our programs and policies are designed to foster diversity and inclusion.
Important: Do not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members – who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) is looking for dedicated individuals to fill the position of Foreign Language Communications Analyst. The Service is looking for individuals with the following language proficiency: Arabic, Farsi, Mandarin, Kurdish/Sorani and Russian.
This position will be of interest to individuals who are able to translate from one or more foreign languages identified above into French or English and who are able to work effectively as part of a team. They must have research, analysis, and report writing skills and be keenly interested in intelligence and politics. Communications Analysts will work at various regional offices of the Service. Applicants must be fluent in a foreign language, must be motivated and discreet, and be comfortable working with computer systems.
- Translate from a foreign language into French or English;
- Gather information and analyze it;
- Prepare operational reports in which the information translated is meticulously described; and
- Assist operational sectors.
- Two (2) years of experience in research and analysis in databases, and the assimilation of information and preparation of reports.
- Experience with computer systems.
- Experience using the Internet (browsers, search engines, social media sites and/or applications).
- Master, at a specialized level, one of the following languages: Russian, Arabic, Farsi, Kurdish/Sorani or Mandarin.
- Experience in interpretation or translation would be an asset.
Applicants must agree to undergo technical assessments for language proficiency in the foreign language and in one of Canada’s two (2) official languages as required.
Analytical Skills, rigour, communications skills, organizational skills.
Who Can Apply
Canadian citizens eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
Candidates must have no criminal record and must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance. This process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications.
French or English essential.
$65,620 to $79,840 per year. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Ottawa, Ontario / National Capital Region
- Toronto, Ontario
- Montreal, Quebec
- Burnaby, British Columbia
Term position with the possibility of an extension and / or a permanent position.
How To Apply
If you meet these requirements, you may submit your candidacy by clicking Apply Now.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system and staffing process.
CSIS is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.